My new website is here. This website is retained only to delay the tiresome tedium of moving a bunch of blog posts and other pages.
I am a Killam Postdoctoral Fellow in Philosophy at the University of Alberta. Here is a link to my CV. Starting this fall, I will be Western Kentucky University’s resident logical atomist, and an Assistant Professor of Philosophy in the Department of Political Science]. Most of my current research focuses on the Principia Rewrite project, which you can learn more about on my research page.
In true Texan fashion, I started in philosophy while in a car, reading Plato’s Republic on a road trip to Houston in junior high. I later took symbolic logic as a college freshman and fell in love with the subject. One thing led to another, and in 2018, I got a PhD in Philosophy and an MS in Mathematics from the University of Iowa.
Areas of Specialization
- History of Analytic Philosophy
- Language and Logic
- Philosophy of Math
Areas of Competence
- Critical Thinking
- Digital Humanities
- Indian Philosophy
- Philosophy of Science
- 2020-present University of Alberta, Philosophy, Izaak Walton Killam Postdoctoral Fellow
- 2018-2020 University of Iowa, Philosophy, Visiting Assistant Professor
- 2018 PhD in Philosophy and MS in Mathematics, University of Iowa
- 2013 BA with honors in Philosophy and BS in Mathematics, George Washington University